No Soft Option for Soft Fruit Packer
A producer, packer and distributor of high quality Scottish berries have recently installed multiple units of the FS-i series waterproof checkweigher. The farm which has 100 acres of tunnelled production and a modern 16,000 sq feet BRC (British Retail Consortium) accredited pack house, supplies Scottish supermarkets and local outlets with high quality strawberries and other soft fruits.
The complete package which utilises the MCI Systems’ “PacKing” suite of data capture software was supplied to the customer by our partner John White & Son (Weighing Solutions) Ltd. located in Auchtermuchty, Scotland.
The A&D FS-i range of EC approved, IP-65 waterproof and NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) certified scale was chosen because of its ultra-fast response time of just 0.5 second, large LCD display, brightly coloured comparator lights and the easy connectivity via the RS-232C communication interface.
NSF International, a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation, is a globally recognised body in standards development, testing and product certification for food safety and public health. The FS-i series has been accredited by NSF for its design and construction to meet higher standards for
hygiene and makes a perfect solution in food packaging and processing applications.
These features coupled with the competitive price of the product makes the FS-i series an affordably priced checkweigher for non-automated end-of-line packing systems.
Features & Benefits
- Waterproof IP-65 certified stainless steel construction
- NSF accredited – Higher standards for hygiene, ideal for use in food processing & packing
- EC trade approved
- Ultra fast response speed – 0.5 second
- Large backlit LCD display
- Brightly coloured comparator lights + Analogue sweep display
- Sealed lead acid rechargeable battery (option)
- RS-232C + Relay output (option)
- RS422/485 + Relay output (option)